What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Weigh In (Emily Sue)

My first weigh in after my first week of Weight Watchers...

Last week: 77kg
Today: 75.5kg
Difference: 1.5kg loss

Woo hoo! Now I was going to qualify it and say that last week when I weighed in I had my period and so I was heavier anyway and it's the first week and you always lose more in the first week blah blah blah, but a friend pointed out the other day that every time I talk about an achievement or something positive I then downplay it with something negative. So I'm just going to say, "I lost 1.5kg this week" and leave it at that.

I also rediscovered exercise this week and have been on the treadmill three or four times. It's not so bad, really... okay, I don't love it yet but I do feel better for it. Perhaps one day I'll be able to exercise without having to force myself, but hey... whatever. Just so long as I do it.

3 comments:

Long dark hair, blue eyes said...

Well done. That is great!

Givinya De Elba said...

Awesome! Well done! Keep it up, and thanks for your encouragement for me too.

Hippomanic Jen said...

Woo hoo indeed. So glad to hear of your success. And exercising? You're my hero!

PS Missing your blog. Don't want to be pushy or anything, but missing your online presence.