What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

That time of the week again. LLL

Hi All,
The weeks are still flying by way too fast. After Sat post my weight bounced, which I expected after that drop. It stayed there til today when I weighed at 61.6kg so that is another 200g. Well very unexpected, but I will accept that.
What I really want to say is something quite different. As I have been walking lately, I have been thinking about where I am now as a comparison to where I was last Oct when I started here.
Now I can walk for my usual 22 mins at a brisk pace - when I started I strolled around one block and then had to stop frequently to let the pain in my leg subside. I had to push through the pain barrier to walk even 1 block and then I had to come home and rest my leg.
I can now do 16 sets of steps - then if I absolutely had to go upstairs I did, but it was often one leg doing the work.
I can now row for 5 mins - then I didn't even think about rowing. When I did start I would only use my legs for 1 min and then it was a push.
I can now see where I will probably be, after 15 months I don't expect much more improvement and I still have to rest at times. I am also using my leg warmer as the cold weather isn't helping the pain level.
On top of all this which I consider a long road there is also the weight loss and that stands at about 10kg.
So for me the last 9 months have been a good progress, and I will continue along this road and see where I end up.
Thanks for your encouragement and support.

1 comment:

Hippomanic Jen said...

Those are certainly some great changes. I was thinking of the changes between your last overseas holiday and this one. You were still on crutches and couldn't physically attempt more than 3 stairs - so you've certainly come a long way!

And great going on the 10 kg. You have been slowly working away at it and you're doing so well over time. Who knows what another 15 months will bring, you skinny cow!