What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

No Weigh! (Donners)

I don't know if I established my goals very clearly but I am not going to weigh-in, because my problem isn't weight, it's greed and that's why I joined OSC - to be accountable for my attitude towards food.

I did okay this week, I am trying to see food as something that is a good gift to enjoy, not as entertainment when I am bored, tired or lacking the motivation to do other things - I think I was better this week.I am trying to see food as something that I need regularly for energy and nourishment - rather than to meet my felt need. I was definately better at that!

My health ( ongoing problems) was bad today which leads to exhaustion, nausea, back and abdominal pain and I had to go home early - which was frustrating. I had missed my medication for the day which gave me an even worse reaction than usual. It was amazing how much I watched myself think "I want chocolate, I want melted cheese - I want" - when I was having cramps and other pain!

Food's not going to cut it darling, just have to ride it out - I still had a bit of chocolate and had melted cheese for dinner.

2 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

Well, I'm fine with you not actually weighing in, but still being accountable for how you've gone this week (however you feel like measuring it). That's what Skinny Cow is all about.

I hope you feel stronger soon and can resist that chocolate and melted cheese.

Mmmm. Chocolate.... Melted Cheese... no. No. NO! I can resist. I CAN!!!

Givinya De Elba said...

You're making me hungry!

All the best for the next week :)