What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

So the Buck Stops Here and Now

I've been a very bad little bovine.

I've been eating my head off.

I've been slack about exercising.

I haven't been game to weigh in, and if I did I didn't want to talk/blog about it.

... And it's all been going on for a few weeks now.

It's been busy. Good excuse? The thing is there are very few times that I'm not going to be busy. I'm also moving from a job where things are always urgent (everyone wants their job done yesterday) to one where things will be both urgent and important (in a few weeks I'm being commissioned as a pastor at my church).

So busy simply can't afford to be an excuse any longer.

Good food being easily available can't afford to be an excuse any longer, either. Do you know how well people eat in churches?

So today I draw a line in the sand and say, "No more excuses."

I will update my weightloss ticker on my blog to show the negative.

I rule off my trendy spreadsheet and start my second grade of weightloss over again. And this time I'm mentioning numbers (but just remember that I'm not tall, therefore they are small numbers compared to some)

So here are the numbers:

Weight today - 70.6kg (yes, over the magic round number I'm never going to see again)
Gain since last time I blogged - 1.4kg
Total loss to date - 5.4kg
Loss left to go - 10.6kg

I should easily lose some weight this week because yesterday I did the pointless tomorrow-I'm-going-to-start-being-good-again splurge.

So now I'm going off to row.

6 comments:

Femina said...

Good on you for starting again. Recriminations are pointless and unhelpful - the important thing is you're ready to start again... and we're still here to support you.

Hippomanic Jen said...

Thanks Feminy. That makes you just like God. Now let's just hope that it sticks this time. I remember so well every exam period at Uni telling myself (and God) that I'd be better prepared next time and wouldn't let this mess happen again.

Fresh starts are great.

Good friends are great.

I should blog here more often.

Hippomanic Jen said...

And, after all I've got to work to earn that star!

Givinya De Elba said...

Good on you for hopping right back on that boat. Row row row your boat. I'm not eating well either. The baby is thirsty all the time, I reckon I drink 3L of water a day (not that that is bad, but why weigh yourself when you're chugging that amount of fluid?)

Long dark hair, blue eyes said...

well done Jen. Good on you for re-committing to your goal.

Femina said...

Wow... it's not often people tell me I'm just like God! :)

Ah yes, the star. I tried hard to find a picture of a tiara-wearing cow but couldn't find one. Maybe I'll have to brush up on my photoshop skills...