What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Where's Weigh-In? (Eizelby)

I've had an update on the cards for awhile, titled 'The Day Eizelby Traveled to Target Three Times in Order to Buy a Set of Scales' but it was such an ordeal that it has been difficult to put fingers to keyboard about it. The only thing you need to know is that I now do, in fact, own scales all to myself! I don't like them as much as I did Manda's, despite the fact they are shiny digital Weight Watchers ones, but I digress.

At the moment I am bouncing around the 69/70kg mark. Mid-week I was down to 69.2 (so close to my next goal of 69!), but after a weekend of indulging it's back to 70.6 today. Sigh! It really feels like it can take one bad day to erase a week of healthy living. It's not quite fair, in my opinion.

One thing I have learned from the weekend is that attending a youth group Iron Chef competition where the object is for every team to bake a delicious, appetising cake is NOT a good idea for someone who is trying to resist temptation.

3 comments:

Femina said...

I love the way Weight Watchers USED TO SAY in their meetings, "Don't weigh yourself at home. Ever. Throw out your scales!" And now they sell scales. To use at home. Irony, much?

Everyone's weight fluctuates during the week. Sometimes I can be nearly two kilos heavier than the day before. That's one of the reasons I only take note of the Wednesday weight, so it's easier to track a long term trend instead of all the daily ups and downs.

Oh. That reminds me that it's Wednesday. Oops - I forgot to weigh in! :)

Hippomanic Jen said...

Glad to know you've found scales, and here's hoping that they're not as dodgy as the ones I gave Givinya. (But it sounds like they fluctuate just as well).

Healthy eating over the weeks will make a difference. It's just depressing when you see the numbers going up. I'm resisting the urge to record total weight lost to date (i.e. all the negative numbers added up, ignoring the weeks I've gained) rather than the actual amount I've lost compared to my starting figure. But that would be wrong. Wouldn't it?

Femina said...

Yes, Jen. That would be... wrong. Really.
*scurries off secretly to find calculator*