What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Count me in, too (Femina)

Well, what now? I guess this is the bit where I make excuses about where I've been and what I've been doing, and make sensible food-and-exercise plans. As it happens I have no real plans at the moment but I need to get back on track, wherever that track might be, so publicly declaring my re-allegiance (is that a word?) to Skinny Cow is where I'm starting. Step one - check.

So... I'm back! Yay! I have had some messy things going on over the past three months and chocolate has been my friend. As has bacon. And the occasional hash brown. Mmm, and sausages sometimes too. Ooh, and hot chocolate. Turns out my mother was right... some friends only pretend to be your friend but really they are bad news. Sigh. I now weigh more than at my last OSC weigh-in but still less than when this whole thing started so I suppose that's a good thing.

My goal for this week is to plan meals, shop and cook. I have plenty of junk food in my house but nothing that would make a nutritious meal so that's my first step. I recently bought a meal planner notebook so I'm going to start utilising that. I am generally pretty good at the meal planning thing so that might be a good kick-start for me. (Yeah - here's hoping.)

Exercise goals will come next week. One step at a time for reluctant little cowgirls. :)

1 comment:

Hippomanic Jen said...

So good to see you back, and all the best for the menu planning!

I've actually been shopping today and laughed at my trolley from a Skinny Cow perspective. Multiple ice-cream varieties, custard, jelly, and the makings of a spectacular chicken vegetable soup (which might actually be healthy).

But to get back to YOU - congratulations and go for it with the cooking.