What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sabotage! (Givinya)

I sent Mister de Elba for three grocery items, then immediately smacked my head. He can't say No to his temptations (because he doesn't have to) and his temptations become my temptations because he brings them into my kitchen!

"He's going to come home with two blocks of chocolate," I said out loud. And he didn't. Good man.

"And a packet of corn chips," I continued. And he didn't. Awesome.

"And at least three packets of biscuits." And he brought home four.

My only defense against eating crap is not having it in the house. Then he brings it into the house. Doesn't he love me? Apparently he must love me so much that he wants more of me - much much more.

I got mad, but kept my cool as I said, "Honey, I'm going to need you to take every pack of biscuits to work - I can't have them in the house, I need you to help me not pack on the weight."

"Okay," he said.

So please explain why today there is a pack of Mint Slices in the fridge, a pack of Caramel Tim Tams in the cupboard, and the packs of Monte Carlos and Custard Creams were both emptied out into a giant biscuit tin and placed in our cupboard.

Mr de Elba is not taking my weight loss seriously. Maybe I should show how seriously I am taking it by throwing the whole lot in the bin.

3 comments:

Long dark hair, blue eyes said...

Great plan!

Put them all in the bin!

Hippomanic Jen said...

I wish I had the strength to do that! Go on, put them in the bin!

Femina said...

I want to say "put them in the bin" but I also hate wasting food/money... so maybe you could donate them all to your parents instead?