What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Slightly less embarrassing (Femina)

As I think I've mentioned before, I meet with two friends to pray and chat every second Tuesday. This week we made an exercise pact for the next two weeks, each agreeing to what exercise we'd have done by the time we next meet. I agreed to use my treadmill 6 times (3 times each week), plus walk to my counselling session on Tuesday if it's not raining. It occurred to me today that if I don't start soon I'll be forced to have six sessions on the treadmill on the same day. Eeek! Not ideal. Not even possible, at my current level of blobbiness.

So, tonight I put an episode of Stargate SG-1 in the DVD player and hopped on the treadmill, determined to manage MORE than the embarrassing five minutes I managed last time.  Having the treadmill level this time made a difference... I managed 40 minutes, mostly at 5.5km/h. Oh yeah. I have jelly-legs but I'm feeling very smug too.

However... I'm not weighing myself yet. Or at least, not disclosing it yet.

3 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

Good on you - some of us are not really doing much, although the bush dance at camp MUST have burnt some calories surely?

Femina said...

Last time I went to a bush dance was my 30th birthday party and I could barely walk for two days afterwards... so yeah, I think that burns calories!

Rhubarb Whine said...

Well done. I walk about 40 mins a day most days when I can, it's made a huge difference.

Hugs and congrtas!