What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Well, that was embarrassing (Femina)

You may recall that I recently cancelled my gym membership and bought a treadmill. The treadmill arrived a week ago and I've used it every single day... oh, okay then, I've used it once. This evening I came home and immediately changed into comfy gear and running shoes so I could use the treadmill. I popped a Frasier DVD in the player, thinking that one half-hour episode should be plenty.

Three minutes into walking I got off briefly to find my water bottle (yeah, I've sort of forgotten how this exercise thing works) then got back on. Five minutes later my heart rate was up and I was puffing. FIVE MINUTES. Well, I suppose that five minutes of running will do that... oh, but wait, I wasn't running. I was walking... 5.5kmh. That's a brisk walking pace but not extreme.

Five minutes. Huh.

Update:
Okay, to redeem myself slightly, I have just realised that my treadmill was set at the highest incline... so that was five minutes UPHILL.  Yeah, that makes it better...

3 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

Yeah, that's normal isn't it?

Geez I hope so.

Hippomanic Jen said...

Yep. Uphill. Absolutely and solely caused by that.'

Definitely.

Femina said...

I love you guys...