What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Weigh-In Wednesday (Femina)

Okay, here's the thing... when I did Weight Watchers I weighed in every week. Some weeks I lost weight, some weeks I gained weight, some weeks I stayed the same. Whatever happened, the accountability of weighing in every week really helped me. I didn't even hang around for the meetings most of the time; I just paid $15 (I think) to weigh in and leave. An expensive way of doing it but it worked for me.

So, I've realised that's what I need to do. Weigh in here every week even if I've eaten nothing but chocolate for the past seven days... and even if I'm the only one doing this and the only one reading it. It's not about public humiliation; it's about being in a routine and being accountable.

Today's weight: 72.8kg
Last time: uhh... no idea. I forgot to check before starting this post.
Goal weight: 64kg

See you again in a week! :-)

3 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

Oh Femina! I am here! It's just that I am eating SO MUCH that I am embarrassed to be here at all. But I'm still holding my weight, so perhaps I should be encouraged, and weigh in and try hard not to eat the same as two fully grown men.

Femina said...

If it makes you feel any better about your food consumption, for dinner the other night I had two Time Out bars and a bowl of ice cream.

And I'm not breastfeeding.

Hippomanic Jen said...

You are not talking to yourself. These days I have little time to comment, even less time to write, but I am trying to read what I can.

I'm also not game to go near scales. Fairly certain I'm back to my heaviest ever and REALLY don't want confirmation on that.

I'll get there sometime. But for now, I'm in denial.