What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Interesting phenomenon (Givinya)

So I haven't been posting here at Skinny Cow for a bit because I'm embarrassed that you are all trying so hard and I'm not, because I'm pregnant. I guess though, that I owe the baby not to pig out too much and turn into a blimp.

Anyway, I'm about 23 weeks along now, and my weight is only about 1-2 kilos more than before Thingamababy. See how this works? My tummy is getting bigger and bigger, Thingamababy is growing nicely, I'm putting on all the right baby weight in all the right places, and at the same time I seem to be losing fat from over the tummy, on my arms, and hopefully the more Major Defects below like butt and thighs.

Pregnancy agrees with me.

What happens afterwards? I get hungry and things go wrong.

Please promise me you'll be around for me after Thingamababy makes an appearance, and promise me you won't excuse my indiscretions by saying that I'm breastfeeding. It hasn't cancelled out my pigging-out the last two times!

Love you girls, I live in weekly awe of your hard work and general downwards-moving numbers.

3 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

I HATE YOU!!! ...in love.

I'm so glad everything is going well thingamababy-wise, and that your weightloss phenomena is continuing through your third pregnancy. Rest assured we will still be here when the pigging out starts to outweigh the breastfeeding thing - my numbers are anything but downwards at the moment!

Femina said...

Oh yeah, we'll still be here... have you read the last few entries from us?? :)

Eizelby said...

Wow, it sounds like a dream pregnancy! And it sounds like quite a few of us will definitely be sticking around. We're in it for the long haul ... that makes it sound good, right?