What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Weigh-In Wednesday and Wii Fit waffle (Eizelby)

Last week: 69.15
Today: 68.6
So: a loss of .5kgs

I must admit I'm more than a little surprised, but I'm not going to question it!  This means that I have now officially reached my second goal point and have a little reward to give myself, as well as a pat on the back because I am now halfway!  Woohooo!

My goal for the next week is to not eat an entire thing of chocolate, which I have shamefully achieved two weeks in a row.  I'm also going to head to the pool again this week.  I have been walking a lot lately but that is all the exercise I have been getting.  I do love swimming, and I'm now a three minute walk from my pool, so I have absolutely no reason to be lazy and skip the swim.

In other news, I have decided to purchase a Wii.  Not simply for all the classic puns it brings with it, but for the Wii Fit part of it.  My brother has a Wii and, while I have on occasion enjoyed partaking in some boxing and baseball practice and whatnot, I didn't think it was for me.  I'm a Playstation girl myself.

However, having now babysat twice at a house where the Wii Fit is the main source of entertainment and exercise, I find myself thoroughly impressed!  You can weigh yourself, log your daily activities (such as cooking, dancing, or walking), and best of all see it all displayed before you in graph form, to monitor your progress.  Genius!  And very helpful for me.  To transform this whole health kick thing into some kind of video game is the perfect tactic for someone like me.

2 comments:

Femina said...

Wii Fit sounds fun. Lots of fun. No... must.. resist.. spending money I don't have...

Hippomanic Jen said...

Sounds like a remarkable idea. Combining fitness and a video game. Hmmm.