What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Lamington and Hot Cross Bun Diet (HJ)

I was a tad fearful about weighing in this morning, but I had promised Femina that I would, and I was hoping that the shame of reporting yet another bad week would help spur me on to greater effort (or indeed any effort whatsoever).

My church should be banned from having Lamington Drives. Particularly in the same week as Easter (can you guess we don't generally give up stuff for lent in my church?). So possibly not the best eating pattern this week.

But it does seemed to have worked...
Last weigh-in (two weeks ago)... 70.6 kg
Today... 70.0 kg
Total Loss... 6 kg
Loss since last time... 0.6 kg in which time I ate my head off and did absolutely no exercise.

Do you think I should continue this novel weight loss plan to see if it has any scientific merit?

Plan for this week-
Row three times
Walk the poor LBD at least three times (hoping that I can hold him because he hasn't had a w.a.l.k. for a few weeks which means that he'll be very... enthusiastic, let's just say)

I really need to start eliminating again to find out for certain what causes itchy-spots (and possibly hay fever type symptoms - I'm noticing some links between bad food and hay fever now that I'm mostly avoiding the worst of the culprits), but maybe after I've conducted a scientific binge (I mean significant dose) of chocolate on Sunday? I will need to set myself a date, because I keep putting it off due to weddings and Easter and other non-elimination diet food times. Can you tell that I'm not yet committed to it?

1 comment:

Femina said...

A loss is a loss is a loss... and I don't even want to tell you how much chocolate I've eaten in the last couple of days. Nor how much I intend to eat in the next couple!

Keep it up, Skinny Cow. You're doing well and your overall weight loss is still amazing. If you need some convincing, go look at those before and after pics again.