What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Inching Downwards (Rhubarb Whine)

It's been a whine while between updates, although I have begun to post several times with the best of intentions.

However.

It didn't happen.

Since the last update, I seem to have dropped yet another 5 kilograms. My sum total of loss is now 15 kilograms (ish) depending on whose scale you believe. I'll go with mine, it weighs lower than my GPs).

That puts me in the bracket of people who often look at themselves and say "I need to lose weight, I want to lose some weight", which is far better than the bracket I have left behind, which was "You need to lose some weight, I want YOU to lose some weight, your health is compromised".

I am happy with that.

I have reached my initial goal, which was the number issued for health reasons. My own number.

My next goal is only a few-ish kilos away, that's my pre-pregnancy weight.

Then I am aiming for the 'this is what I used to weigh' weight.
And a shopping trip.

4 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

Zat U, Rhubarb? You're amazing! I have renewed energy to get stuck into that last 5kg now!

Givinya De Elba said...

PS a surprise 5kg weight loss perhaps can't be described as "INCHING downwards" but we'll forgive you.

Hippomanic Jen said...

Well done, and we're proud of you. (actually, just plain jealous of you, you skinny cow, but that wouldn't be nice to say :) )

Anonymous said...

Seriously, to me, it was a surprise.

I don't weigh myself more than once every 2 weeks or so, and I look the same to myself in the mirror.

Then I look at a photo and think - oh yeah, now I see it.

Being summer, I have lived in tank tops and baggy shorts. Today I went to put on some jeans, found 5 pairs that were too big so I weighed myself.

It was a surprise.

G - that 5k you need to lose? That will be my last as well. I can't imagine I only have 5ish k to lose now, whereas I started with 20+. Wow. And centermetering downwards just plain sounds wrong!

And Jen - I have never been skinny. Ever. And thank you xx