What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Heading Down (GdeE)

Previous Weight:  Hovering around 67.0kg

Current Weight: Hovering around 66.5kg

Weight Loss: A reliable, consistent 500g

Wardrobe:  Wouldn't mind going shopping for more pants that look okay around the muffin top and shirts that aren't too clingy but aren't too blousey at the same time.  Both styles accentuate muffin top dreadfully.  Have been breaking one of my cardinal wardrobe rules - Sleeveless Doesn't Flatter Me At All - and I've been looking okay (especially if I hold my arms out from my body a little.)  Still a little leg-of-lamb-ish around the upper arms, but not too bad overall.

How I look today:  Started off looking lumpy & dumpy in oversized 3/4 jeans with thick fabric and a blousy shirt that probably should have been in the maternity section in the shop.  Changed to a more fitted 3/4 jeans in thinner fabric and a more fitted top.  Transfigured my look. 

How I feel today:  Dumpy around the middle, okay elsewhere.  Slightly shocked to catch sight of reflection in windows, because body image is slightly better than reality right now.

What I think about weight loss today:  Plan to state weight in "hovering around XX.Xkg" since I am uncomfortable pinning my hopes on a 300g loss when I can wee that much, or becoming depressed at a 500g gain, because that's how much water I drink before breakfast in the morning.  This way I can feel confident in a loss like the one I've seen over the last few weeks.  I guess this all means that I tentatively believe in weight loss for the moment.

2 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

Then I shall tentatively offer my congratulations in form.

Loony Lace Lady said...

Good on you that loss is not a casual happening. You must be doing something right. Keep up the good work and remember what comes off slowly is better at staying off.