What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Holding Pattern (G de E)

Previous Weight:  Hovering around 66.5 kg

Current Weight:  Hovering around 66.5 kg

Any loss at all? Probably not.  But no gain.

Wardrobe:  After a blog post confessing to old jeans ripping open displaying my old undies, my Mother told me to go shopping for clothes.  She offered to mind my children (which I accepted) and attempted to press $100 onto me, (which I didn't.)  All I bought was underwear.  Because I am, as I thought, an oddly-shaped 12E, spending a frightful amount of money at a posh shop is my only option.  I was delighted to find that 14DD also does the job, and in fact, does it a little more comfortably.  I found a splendid bra and bought three, and I also found that I still look ghastly in those darn mirrors with the fluoro lighting glaring down from directly above.  I also found that if you spend a fair bit of money on briefs that promise to be very comfy due to the absence of leg elastic, they will spend their lives annoyingly wedged, due to the lack of leg elastic.  Fail, Berlei Barely There.


How I look today:  Pretty alright, have dressed for my shape and am rockin the look.

How I feel today:  Fine, wondering if I really need to bother about this muffin top after all, mainly because I look okay today and have forgotten how horrible I looked in that change booth.

What I think about weight loss today: Look, I confess I don't believe in it again.  I'm eating fairly healthy, I am unwilling to give up treats like a little chocolate, I'm active all day every day despite not being able to get out and do heartrate-raising exercise, I am getting good sleep and loving life, and nothing much ever happens on the scales.

And why am I even bothering about getting rid of this tummy anyway?

Oh that's right.  Because of how I looked in that change booth.  That's why.

3 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

Though why on earth I feel the need to alter my body shape to please a bloody change booth, I fail to understand.

Loony Lace Lady said...

To suit a change room mirror is a bad thought to change your shape. I am with you all the way in eating sensibly and getting what exercise you can and keeping a general eye on the scales. If you get to that point then later add more exercise you could be surprised with some weight loss.
Having said all that I was at the gross look point and my asthma was on the rise, so something had to give.
Keep up all the good efforts and may the weight start to fall off.

Hippomanic Jen said...

Why do they make changing booths like that? If I had a shop it would have special soft lighting so that people felt good enough to want to buy LOTS of new clothes at my shop.

But hey, there aren't that many people who actually SEE us the way we look in a changing booth, so congratulations to everybody who doesn't have to look at me in one!