What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ouch (Emily Sue)

It occurred to me today, as I stood up after a lengthy period of sitting and slowly limped my way across the room, that I have been limping for some time. Like... maybe six months. How is it possible that I can have been limping for so long? I've just become used to it, I think.

No, it's not the ankle I injured over a year ago (although it's the same leg); it's my knee. When I squat, or sit for too long, or stretch my leg, the back of my leg hurts behind the knee. As though I've torn a muscle, although I don't think that's it. And when I walk I get that pain as well as pain in the front of my knee. These may well be two unrelated pains. I don't know. Now that I'm thinking about it, this possibly explains why I have been reluctant to exercise. Walking makes it worse. Running makes it much worse.

Anyway, I now have an appointment to see my doctor, although of course I couldn't get an appointment for nearly two weeks. She's very popular and only works two days per week... therefore she's not the kind of doctor you can see when you're actually sick.

So what I'm saying is, don't expect an exercise update for a while. Weight updates may happen, but only if I'm feeling good about my weight. Yes, I'm really that fickle.

2 comments:

Loony Lace Lady said...

I am so sorry you have a sore knee (double sore knee). So pleased you have a Dr appointment and resting between now and then is a good idea. I hope she can find and cure the problem. I know how these things sneak up on us til we realise that we have a problem. As a child I had a sore knee, and after 3 months Mum took me to the Dr. I had to run around and make sure it was really sore before we went. We walked down and my knee was serious and Mum walked home and got the car to bring me home. I had strained the tendon and was bound up for 3 months plus Christmas holidays. After 40 years of problems with it God healed it and now it is good as gold.
I recommend getting these things sorted early. I will pray for healing.
Your weight can go hang til that is sorted. XXOO

Emily Sue said...

"Your weight can go hang til that is sorted."
Thank you - my sentiments exactly! :)