What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

2 weeks are up (Loony lace lady)

Well this has been an up and down week. I would rather take yesterdays weight than todays. Does that tell you something. I have walked and rowed 5 days, on Friday HJ and I went shopping in the next town and thought we had done enough walking to count, but apparently not by my weight. When I do intentional exercise the next day I go down, if I don't then nothing happens.
I am finding life better with clothes that fit comfortably rather than strain at the seams. I have had to take in some coluttes (that's really a divided skirt) that I made some time back. That made me feel good and the skirt today really needs taking in.
So you can see an improvement. Today my total loss is 2.1 kg and yesterday it was 2.4kg so you can see why I want yesterdays count. I know that my weight bounces around for no apparent reason, although it could also be my scales are liarbirds. I did get a couple of different numbers this morning.
As of today I go back onto more carbs than I have been having to get a more balanced diet. So that will slow things down. However I am happy with 2 kg that was my 2 week target. Now I am aiming at a 5kg loss when I will make some more clothes. I am not guessing when that will be. Soon I hope as I need some new rags.
Thanks for your encouragement and may it continue. As a side issue I will be interested to hear how many of you took up my challenge and did 5 mins of intentional exercise daily?

2 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

Well done, mumsy! Taking in the duds is a great thing, I like to feel trimmer more than to lose kgs. 4 cms is definitely worth the work.

And it sounds like its worth the exercise if you inevitably lose the next day. I did exercise most days this week. (Not today, but I think all the moving furniture and carting kids about at Mainly Music counts anyway, even if it wasn't intentional)

Emily Sue said...

Does getting out of bed, walking to the wardrobe to find some clothes, then dragging myself to the shower count as five minutes of intentional exercise? If so, I did that every day! :)

Congrats on the weight loss. Keep going! This is (for all of us) about getting healthier and that's what you're doing, no matter what the scales say day-to-day.