What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Weigh in (Loony Lace Lady)

Another week and not much if any progress. I do know from previous weight loss attempts that when it works it can take 6 weeks to lose 500 grams. So I don't expect great things and I am not getting them anyway.
Last week I was hoping that the gain was short lived, well my weight is all over the place each day is a different amount and it is all bad. Today I am 68.4kg and that is a little bit better than last week but not much. Anyway I have been walking daily and that must be helping my fitness level, I would like to be back to where I was in March and then I could do 300 steps, I wouldn't even try that now. So there is still some fitness level to go.
I will keep walking and I haven't been rowing faithfully so maybe this week I should aim to get back to that daily.
My clothes are more comfortable now, so that is a big help.

2 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

Better than last week is better than nothing! Keep up the good work and you'll notice a difference eventually.

The clothes being more comfortable is a much better indicator than weight. I only weigh once a week because I couldn't cope with the ups and downs daily. I'd prefer to see a month's total, but don't have the self-control to keep working without a regular check-in on my progress. (Of course weekly is terrible if it happens to be a heavy day - but just think how much you could have lost by the following week!)

Emily Sue said...

I weigh myself daily and it can change by a couple of kilos during the week. The only one I count is my Saturday morning weigh-in. Sometimes it's my lightest weigh in of the week, sometimes it's one of the heavier ones. The overall trend is still downwards though and that's what counts. And sometimes on my heavier weeks my clothes are looser, so I don't think the weight means all that much.