What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

So I should post even if it's not good news... (HJ)

200grams.

Gain.

Does not bode well for a trip to Melbourne.

*sigh*

Surely it's all the muscle I've been rebuilding?

2 comments:

Emily Sue said...

200g is nothing. Not even a full glass of water. Wait until we've gone up to the hills and walked around the Rhododendron Garden for a couple of hours. You'll lose that and more. Pack your sneakers!

I suggest, however, that we both do a weigh in BEFORE the party and not after.

Givinya De Elba said...

Yes, I've been thinking about weights and scales and such, being in the market for new scales. I've been wondering if we're doing ourselves a disservice with these newfangled digital scales that give you a weight to the nearest 0.1kg.

Definite downward trends like you, LLL and Emily Sue have enjoyed is what we should be after, instead of worrying about every little 100g, 200g and 300g movement we're seeing on our scales. As Emily Sue says, 200g is less than a glass of water. I can also attest to the fact that it's less than a big wee.

I'm with Emily Sue - your general trend is downwards so I'm not sure that 200g either way can reliably be seen as anything concerning.

It's probably, in reality, closer to holding ground. In which case - good on you! Keep going! You're inspiring me!