What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Braggin' (HJ)

Saturday I rowed. 37.5mins (I rowed for 30mins, then decided to see how much more I could do comfortably - not much, as the outcome proved)

Then my Beloved and I did housework for most of the day. Lifting chairs up onto tables, walking from one end of the house to the other to put things away, dusting, and then I washed the floor. (Is that an example of an Oxford comma?) - My Beloved did most of the vacuuming. I did the stairs and a small bit of the lounge when he went out on a job.

I was stuffed.

Sunday I walked down to church. (I don't row on Sundays)

Today I was up early. I rowed for 30mins. Then remembered that the reason I had to get up ridiculously early if I wanted to row was that I had to drop the car off at the garage and walk to Prayer Breakfast because the mechanic doesn't open early enough to drop me off. So I had a 25min walk.

Then I stood around the local courthouse for about 1.5 hours talking to people, then walked about 25 mins home.

I was stuffed.

If I don't lose weight this week I will be very, very cranky. Unfortunately the exercise has resulted in hunger of the extreme variety. I might not have been making the best choices in what to eat, either.

2 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

That is amazing! Keep it up - I feel that by jut READING what you're doing, I am losing weight myself!

Yes, that is an oxford comma! I use them when they make the words sound better in my head.

Were you reading my blog back in the WAY early days when it was called "You, Me, and The Oxford Comma?"

Silly, wasn't it?

Loony Lace Lady said...

Ok you deserve to lose weight, all that exercise is surely worth something. If that doesn't happen I just know you will have to be satisfied with feeling fitter than before.