What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Almost ready for market (HJ)

Does anyone remember the name of the anorexic duck from the movie "Babe"? The depths of my brain are saying "Ferdinand", but I'm not certain.

His idea was that if he didn't put on any weight, he wouldn't be eaten for Christmas dinner.

I think that if I was a duck, I'd be a sitting duck for the dinner table (or a dead duck, if you prefer).

If I were a cow, I'd be fetching a pretty darn impressive price at the weekly sales.

I have lost 0.3kg this week. I think it's probably just muscle loss, because we've been having a week of prayer at 7.15 am all week, and that cuts into my normal row-shower-eat time. There's no point rowing if I can't shower afterwards. I don't belong to a church that uses incense and scented candles, and boy, wouldn't they need to be strong if I hadn't showered after rowing!

I also couldn't say that I've been eating well, either. No siree.

I have, however, done my first lot of 11 sets of stairs today and I didn't die. Is good.

For some reason I don't feel terribly motivated by those 300g going missing, possibly because the actual number is still not worth getting excited about (or mentioning in cyberspace).

Hope that you all are getting some happy numbers, or at least feeling better about your exercise levels.

3 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

But my dear youn look fantastic! Every time I see you I think you're well on your way to skinnycowishness, and I'm finding it hard to believe that your scales are telling you bad things. Are you sure they're 'on the level'?

Hippomanic Jen said...

Scales may lie. Mirrors may be subject to perception errors. clothes that are tight can't lie, and it is certainly not an error in perception when I stuggle to do them up.

Sad, hey?

Givinya De Elba said...

I was, as you may recall, required to supervise in the creche at church yesterday. In between my non-creche-attending child whining to be allowed to return to Daddy, I overheard a lady reading a Babe book to her child.

And the duck was called Ferdinand.

Being on the creche roster has its positive side.