What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Oh THANKS! I think. (Givinya)

I was telling a friend recently that I was going back to work soon, and wouldn't be able to afford any new clothes until a few weeks after I'd started.  She said, "But you'll need new clothes in order to start work."

Firstly - wow.  You have more money than I do sister.

Secondly - what?  You think I NEED new clothes before I start?  What are you saying about my current clothes?

Anyway.  Bygones.

She was recently doing a clear-out of her wardrobe and instead of sending her old stuff off to charity, she decided to give it to me, given my dire clothing situation.

There's some really nice stuff in there!  She's getting rid of it because she doesn't fit it anymore, and this means there are some really nice tops and lined skirts, perfect for work clothes in there.

Problem is, they are H-U-G-E on me.  Just ballooney.

Some tops I can wear without them showing too much chest.  Some skirts I can wear without them dropping straight off my hips and onto the floor.  The rest will go into storage and possibly passed on to charity if I never get large* again.

So that was a nice gesture.

Or was it?

What are you supposed to think when a friend gives you clothes because "you might fit them better than I do" and then you realise they are all quite largely large?

If she had grown too skinny for them, I'd be offended.  But I assume she has grown too big for them, so offense cannot really be taken.

Or can it?


--------------------------------------------------
* large = pregnant?  Possibly?  Maybe?  Hopefully?   Twould be nice.

5 comments:

Swift Jan said...

I recently gave a bunch of my skinny clothes to a friend. They swam on her. I felt like shit. Sorry for swearing, but they were my skinny clothes and they weren't even that skinny apprently.

My advice, feel good about yourself that they are too big.

Hippomanic Jen said...

I really can't think of anything to say. I'm not even certain if I should be laughing.

Givinya De Elba said...

Loved both your comments! SJ you may certainly swear :)

Emily Sue said...

Hmmm. Reminds me of the time when my (former) sister in law borrowed some clothes from me. She gave birth to my nephew the next day. Okay, he was born at 35 weeks, but still... ouch.

Rhubarb Whine said...

I'd be thinking 'yay they don't fit, they are too big' - and grin gleefully while you think/say it.

It could be worse.

They could fit....