What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Damp Spirits Add to Weight (Givinya)

Had I remembered to post this Weigh-In Wednesday I would have reported that my scales are most definitely settling on a particular number only 5kg above my goal which seems very encouraging.

However, discouraged by the last few months of good eating and exercise resulting in no actual LOSS despite feeling fitter, thinner and healthier, I have been eating too many treats. 

Whether this has resulted in the scales now saying that another 2kg has come out of nowhere or whether the scales are being their usual cantankerous selves, I do not know.

It is wise to remember that each day we are supposed to drink 2kg (L) of water, and presumably excrete the same, and therefore fluctuations within 2kg are to be expected.  I guess.  I made it up, but it sounds reasonable.

Well.  It rained through the roof of our pergola tonight and drenched not only acres of clean dry folded clothes, but it also drenched my spirits as well.  Perhaps when my spirits dry out in the sunshine tomorrow, I will weigh less.

3 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

On The Morrow:

Still raining. Nothing's drying out here, including the washing.

Hippomanic Jen said...

Oh, I feel so sorry for YOU, but I'm dancing about the rain. So now I don't know what to say.

Givinya De Elba said...

Oh yes, I too am dancing - I love it and in our family we ALWAYS say "Thankyou God, for the RAIN!" whenever we hear thunder or the patter of raindrops .... we always have, since Nat was a tiny baby.

I was just sayin' my whole house is damp and so were my spirits. And I had a LOT fo re-spinning, re-drying and re-folding to do today.

Wouldn't THAT dampen your spirits a little?