What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Help wanted (Loony Lace Lady)

Hi all, this is my first try at this. HJ gave me a 2nd lesson so now it should work.
As most of you already know about 7 months ago I was bitten by a dog and that put a very quick stop to my weight loss/get fit program. I had at that time lost 1kg.
My leg is still sore but very slowly recovering, my doctor wasn't encouraging when telling me that that sort of injury you never get over. Well I have news for her. However, it is still sore, so I have to be careful what exercise I do.
I am now in the headspace to want to loose more (More than 1) weight. In the past couple of weeks I started at 70.4kg and one day I saw 69.6kg and that I liked. Today I weighed at 70.1kg. I am taking that as a downward trend. You see at my age bodies don't like loosing weight and they fight hard to keep every gram. I know that when the down starts my weight will bounce all over the place, but generally in a downwards direction. So all that considered I am saying the the down has started.
Now I have to keep it going. I am planning on loosing 5kg to start, I need to loose 15kg. I will then try to plateau for a bit then go down again. I have started rowing, but only with my arms and body just yet. I do use my legs for 1 minute just to try to build up muscle. When my leg can cope I will increase that and also my total time of 3 mins just yet. I realise that exercise also builds muscle which increases weight, so in time I will be successful.
Please, some encouragement along the way will be good. It is great to be with you all instead of just lurking.

6 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

Hello LLL! I am not succeeding much myself at shifting weight from where it needs to disappear. But I am happy to encourage you. I was sorry to hear about the dog all those months ago, and sorry that it's still a bother for you. Dogs! Anyway, welcome! K.

Emily Sue said...

Welcome!

Rowing is a family thing, then? :)

Loony Lace Lady said...

Yes, Emily Sue. HJ bought hers first and then went away for 2 weeks and left it here for us to try. Then we went out and bought one the same and talking to my Step Mum, she liked the idea so she has one too. Ours does sit unused for some periods, but I feel the benefit when I get back to it.

Hippomanic Jen said...

HeLLLo! Glad to see you worked out how to edit the post even. (I wasn't certain if the help wanted was to lose weight or to subdue the technology) - But great to see your post and on ya for your dedication when I suggested cheesecake earlier today.

Emily Sue said...

If you're referring to the edit to the post title, that was me...

Hippomanic Jen said...

Oh. That makes sooo much more sense, Emily Sue.