What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Weigh in (Emily Sue)

Last week: 72.9kg
Today: 72.0kg
Difference: 900g
Running total: 5kg (!!!) (Ha - "running" total. No pun intended.)

Finally! I've been on the treadmill every day so I'm very happy to be seeing results. VERY happy. :)

I'm also feeling fitter. I am still totally stuffed when I run on the treadmill but I'm now getting stuffed after a longer time - instead of having jogging blocks of 2 and 3 minutes I'm doing blocks of 4, 5 and (on two occasions) 6 minutes. More importantly, I'm feeling the difference in other ways. I've been sleeping a lot better - it's still broken sleep but not nearly as much as it used to be. There were two nights there where I didn't wake up AT ALL. That's like a miracle for me. I'm getting to sleep earlier, too, and waking up feeling refreshed and ready to exercise. Well, okay, I feel willing to exercise. I'm still not really enthused about it but I'm always happy when I've done it.

And generally, my anxiety levels are way down. Still higher than a 'normal' person but really great for ME, particularly with other stuff I've had going on.

So... maybe "they" have been right all along, and there really ARE benefits to regular exercise??
.

2 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

Well done! Keep it up!

Hippomanic Jen said...

While I'm ecstatic to hear you lost 900gms (very nearly a whole kilo!), I'm even more encouraged and excited to hear that you're sleeping better and feeling a lower level of anxiety. That is so good, and I hope you continue to keep it up.

Plus, the whole getting up to 6 mins jogging thing has blown my mind. I can only do about 200metres jogging. Oh, that's right, I'm so slow it might take 6 mins!!!

Well done, cowgirl!