What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Friday, October 1, 2010

Now THAT'S more like it (HJ)

I've been pretty good this week.

When I say "pretty good" I don't mean that I've been eating nothing bad, I mean that I have had bad things, but not every time I could have had bad things. I have said "no" to food, whilst having a tiny slice of chocolate Bavarian at church Sunday night, a Lime thickshake at a girls' morning tea on Tuesday, a slice of a sponge roll at Minister's Association on Tuesday (aren't I glad I didn't have a cakey thing at morning tea?), a moderate slice of carrot cake at another meeting on Wednesday, and a Gaiety chocky biscuit at a pastoral visit yesterday. That's many "yes"es, and I'm not listing all the "no"s for you, but there were times when takeaway would have been easy and I cooked instead.

I enjoyed all the naughties I ate, and that is fine, because I need to look on weightloss as a whole of lifestyle change forever, so I will have occasional naughties (and I didn't realise I'd had so many this week until I was listing them here).

I also branched out into some fruit and veg that are on the suspect list, and am paying the price with a belly full of itchy-spots (and when I say itchy, I mean it!). I'd better scale back, but I enjoyed having a little capsicum in my salad or stirfry. And the super-scrambled eggs with mushrooms was very enjoyable. They wouldn't have made me stack on weight, though.

The most important factor was probably exercise. I've done 30mins on the rowing machine 5 days this week (not Sunday and Thursday). I've been to 2 Zumba sessions, one followed up with 20mins of aerobics because our instructor needs to record some for assessment. I've also been walking the dog more.


These are all good things. And the results?
(Drumroll please)

Loss of 1.5kg this week.
Total loss of 3.1 kg

Waist loss of 1.5 cm
Total loss 4.5 cm


I think the exercise is doing what it's supposed to do. That is, letting me eat some naughties and still be on the downward track.

This gets me to a lovely number, leaving me 10 kg to go to be back in my healthy weight range, and 1.9kgs to my first reward weight.

It also only leaves me 300 gms heavier than my Beloved.

It will be a good day when I am lighter than my Beloved.

Now to keep everything under control at the lolly-making working bee tomorrow.

3 comments:

Emily Sue said...

That's FANTASTIC! You are amazing!

And I'm totally with you on the 'having the occasional treat' front. That's exactly what I'm doing too; I just factor it in to my WW points. If I deprive myself totally I know I will only binge later.

But anyway, back to you... you're AMAZING! :D

Hippomanic Jen said...

I'm proud of me for not thinking, "Well, I had cake so I might as well have another piece..."

Givinya De Elba said...

Awesome Jen!!!