What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Weigh in (Loony Lace Lady)

Well I have achieved the first week of dieting. I don't know if I should give numbers or excuses first. I decided to go onto a very low carbohydrate diet, I know this works for me but I'm not sure how good it is for the body. So I bit the bullet and started with this. The plan is to be on this for 2 weeks then add more carbs which will slow loss down, but give me a better balanced diet. So I thought if I could loose 2kg in 2 weeks I would be doing well.
This is the result:
start 70.1kg
today 68.6kg
loss 1.5kg
I am pleased with this although I know a lot of others get better results than this.
On the exercise front I increased my rowing to 4 mins (big deal) and did it 5 times and this week plan on 5 mins, and I walked twice. So I have started.
Come on all you skinny cowgirls out there please join me in doing at least 5 mins of intentional exercise per day. If I can so can you and 5 mins out of 24 hrs isn't a great deal.
Another week and I will be interested to see my results, then the really hard slog starts.

3 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

I am going to Zumba! Your lovely niece is going to come with me. We'll start on Tuesday night. Thanks for the encouragement. I need some, because I'm having trouble believing that deliberate exercise will do any more than my current whizzing-around-and-not-getting-time-to-rest for 14 hours a day.

Congratulations on your first week!

Emily Sue said...

1.5kg in a week is amazing! (In fact if that happens at Weight Watchers they tend to frown at you and remind you that they recommend an average weight loss of 1kg per week...)

Hippomanic Jen said...

Well done, Mama, dear! You've been inspiring me!

And Givinya, Zumba! Have a ball!