What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Friday, September 24, 2010

I am a Winner! (HJ)

Well, I'm certainly not losing, so I must be winning. Surely?

I've put on 1.1 kilos over two weeks. It seems last week's odd reading was truth, and this week I've not managed to get rid of any of it. This is despite three Zumba sessions and two rows, and sundry slow walks with a recuperating puppy. I have indulged in some desserts and the odd chocolate, though.

I'm trying not to go with the old line, "I'm gaining muscle, which weighs more than fat." Mainly because my waist measurement has also gone up. Zumba seems to be sculpting me from the view of my front elevation, but not in profile. I need to do more rowing, me thinks. And maybe fewer desserts.

Definitely fewer desserts.

But I am feeling stronger, more oxygenated, and more flexible. All of these are good things.

4 comments:

Emily Sue said...

Indulging is fine occasionally. Don't deny yourself everything you like - that just leads to a binge. Anyway this is just a little blip. Don't let it discourage you from the AWESOME work you've been doing!

And... could you repeat that to me tomorrow after my weigh in, because I'm not anticipating a loss...

Givinya De Elba said...

Keep going Jen! I will have to join Skinny Cow again soon. I'm just not all that good at writing stuff at the moment - I am devouring everyone else's blogs and OSC too, but just not writing anything! Argh! I'll be back.

Hippomanic Jen said...

After posting I remembered the Caramel Fudge incident. There was some at the church dinner. My Beloved (knowing my weakness) collected some and brought it home for me - he's a sweetie! It disappeared very quickly. I am a sucker for Caramel Fudge.

Givinya De Elba said...

And you make a good point - why do we lose weight, but not WIN weight?

Oh wait, I know the answer to that.