What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The hip-hop look (Emily Sue)

It was quite chilly here in Melbourne today, so I wore a long sleeved thermal top under my clothes. All day it's been bugging me - I feel like I've had to tuck in back in about 50 times. I've been cursing the cheap make and the fact that it's shrunk in the wash and become shorter and less elasticised than it was when new.

Then it occurred to me that I've also been hitching my jeans up all day, because they keep creeping down and giving me the teenage boy hip-hop look.

Could it be...? Could it be that I have actually (*gasp*) lost some millimeters? I don't know for sure because I didn't measure myself before starting Weight Watchers but the evidence is starting to point that way. And the most exciting thing about it is that these jeans are the ones I bought - reluctantly - in the next size up from where I was because I could no longer comfortably squeeze myself into the others.

Please please please let it be true...

3 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

Please, please let it be true. Amen.

That would be so great, and don't you now wish you'd measured? The final test is when you can get back into your old favourite jeans.

Emily Sue said...

Unfortunately they're still quite snug (to say the least) around the thighs, where I most need to lose weight, but hey... one thing at a time.

Givinya De Elba said...

Exactly! Congrats on the probable loss of millimetres or more.