What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Friday, September 3, 2010

What if I became a gym junkie? (HJ)

Okay, it's not that likely.

But yesterday I went and did a Zumba class in the morning.

Visiting at the hospital has some advantages. One is that little ol' ladies talk about their daughters and the fact she "goes to a Zoom-something-or-other class that is sort of like aerobics, but fun and dancing and they wriggle their hips and she's really trimmed down (but she shouldn't lose anymore weight, or there'll be nothing of her)."

So I found out that there are Thursday morning sessions at the local Anglican church hall; that they cost $8.50 per session; and it's a small class so that it is more fun and less embarrassing.

My usual Thursday morning event was not on this week, so I went.

I'm quite comfortable in church halls.

Unlike gyms.

Had a ball. Can't really do it at all, but that's okay, no-one else can either.

And every 10th session is free - just like coffee!

And they have classes at night, too.

And no mirrors so that I can fool myself into thinking that I look exactly like the instructor, even if I have much more to jiggle.

And whilst I found I could not do THAT with my hips at the same time as doing THAT with my feet and it was absolutely impossible to do THAT with my arms at the same time as both of the above, it has done something to my hips.

They are released.

I can't keep them still.

They keep moving everytime I hear music...

...and sometimes when I don't - because my head sometimes runs music that only I can hear.

This could get embarrassing.

But I want to go again, embarrassment or not.



On another note, I did not weigh-in last week.

There was a reason.

I did today, though and I've put on 200 grams for the fortnight.

And while I'd be excited to lose 200g, I'm not that excited to have put on 200g - but I'm not going to slit my wrists about it.

I just need to row more.

And ZUMBA!!!

7 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

I've wanted to Zumba for a few months now! I want to join you!

Hippomanic Jen said...

Feel free! I'd love to have you!

Hippomanic Jen said...

Actually, I accidently went again tonight.

Hippomanic Jen said...

It was just as much fun (the happy ducky dance is fun - I must show you the move next time I see you!)

Hippomanic Jen said...

... and I can't believe that I just did it at my desk. For fun - gets a big smile everytime.

Emily Sue said...

We ran a Zumba night for the women at church (got someone in to teach it). Everyone who went said they wanted it to be a regular thing. :) I didn't go - I'm so HORRIBLY uncoordinated that it would have been a joke.

BTW, when is your mum going to post??

Hippomanic Jen said...

Emily Sue - very good question about my Mum. Mum, you should post something!

Probably she is going to wait until she gets back from a week with her sisters - and probably a little more time after that, if I am right about how many visits will be made to coffee shops...