What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Weigh-in (Emily Sue)

I've had a great week. I've been getting up early (6am-ish) and working out on the treadmill - today was my seventh day in a row of getting red-faced, sweaty and exhausted. Plus, I've been sticking faithfully to my Weight Watchers points. Awesome.

So imagine my surprise when today's weigh-in revealed a 300g GAIN. I mean, I do get that the last time I weighed in I was stressed and not eating, so the 1.8kg I lost was partly due to temporary fasting, but still... it's very discouraging to see a gain, albeit a tiny one, after all those early mornings and all that sweating and sore muscles. Hmph.

3 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

I still think you're doing great. Since you started WW you've had some great losses. Keep it up, you're my hero!

Hippomanic Jen said...

Indulging is fine occasionally. Don't deny yourself everything you like - that just leads to a binge. Anyway this is just a little blip. Don't let it discourage you from the AWESOME work you've been doing!

Is that what you were seeking?

Hippomanic Jen said...

Seriously, you are probably right about the 1.8kg when you weren't eating.

And muscle does weigh more.

And are you feeling better for a week of getting sweaty? Give it another week, and I'll give it another week and we'll see how things fall out after that, hey?