What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Manda the Yoyo + Weigh-In Wednesday

Last week: 70.6
This week: 70.7
Change: a gain of 100 grams
Total loss so far: a loss of 5.3

I like to think of it like a yoyo. Yoyo dieting is apparently bad and results in actresses who end up larger than when they started. (I do agree with that - the concept of "being on a diet for a while" followed by a nice long binge is clearly not going to work). However, whoever came up with the term "yoyo" has never seen me play with one.

It starts up high, I drop it and it goes down a lot, then it comes up a little, then it goes down a lot, then it comes up a little, then it ends up on the floor. The you have to tediously roll it all up again, but let's leave that part out.

That seems to accurately describe how I'm going. down 1 kilo, up .3, down .7, up .5, down 1.3, up .1 (or something like that). It comes from being dedicated to my goals but not freakish about it. I still eat cake; I just don't-eat it more than I used to. I'm more-or-less following my Weight Watchers points and have been for two and a half years now - I started at 93.4, by the way.

I feel good about that. And thankful to lovely people who have noticed my skcowness recently. And to you guys, for being the best support I could ask for!

4 comments:

Femina said...

You have the right attitude and that is 99.9% of the battle as far as I'm concerned. This is about lifestyle change and being healthy, not about being a stick who runs away shrieking in horror at the sight of a Smartie.

Plus, you're looking GREAT right now!

Hippomanic Jen said...

I wish I could say you're looking great right now, but until you post photos I can't see it.

What I can see is that you are slowly losing. And not being freaky about it. It's a life-long thing and I couldn't not eat cake for the whole rest of my life, so I'm reassured that someone else is sampling it occasionally too.

And you've already lost so much pre-Skinny Cow. You are a hero. An on-going, dedicated Skinny Cow hero.

Eizelby said...

Manny Moo, you live up to your name! :)

Eizelby said...

Of course, I was referring to the "Moo" part of the name.