What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Weigh-In Wwhat?! (Manda)

Interesting.

Last Weigh-In Wednesday (Feb 11): 70.7
Last Wednesday (Feb 18): 70.6
This Wednesday (Feb 25): 70.7
Change: no change
Total loss so far: 5.3 kilos

It looks remarkably like a plateau to me. But then-

Today (Feb 26): 70.0
Change: a loss of .7
Total loss so far: 6 kilos
Kilos to goal: ZERO!

I'll take it.

The following should be preceded by a word of thanks to God. I have been struggling with gluttony for a while, and while God helped me away from that, I tended to the other side and started making my body an idol for myself. I have to admit this is still a hard thing for me - but I am very thankful that God has been by my side, pointing sinful things out and helping me to break free from them, slowly. I am definitely stronger here than I was before. So, now I can say:

Hooray! I reached my goal! Hooray! I'm at 70 kilos for the first time since I was about 15. Hoooray! I'm eating better and feeling better and still eating orange poppyseed cake (like I did this morning, for example) but not bingeing! I feel so good.

HOORAY!

Sorry, I just felt like I should celebrate for a bit. Thanks for all the support you guys have been over the last few months, and thanks for being so inspirational :) I'm sticking around - in a few days you'll see me post about my plan for maintaining the 70.

4 comments:

Femina said...

YAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!! (And praise God!) This is fantastic; I'm so proud of you. The first of us to reach their weight goal... you trail-blazer, you!

Eizelby said...

Ah. I was going to type YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!! but now it would just seem unoriginal. But the sentiment is there!

I'm so proud of you Manda. You did it! With God and us beside you, but it took a lot of effort and restraint I know, so you deserve a big hug and a great reward! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hippomanic Jen said...

Well done, and I'm so glad that you're sorting out the God side of things as well, because that's probably more important, but .... CONGRATULATIONS

Givinya De Elba said...

HEY! Congratulations! I've been out of the loop and have only just read this. Well Done YOU!