What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

No-Weigh Wednesday (Femina)

What - again? Yes, I'm afraid so. I had a bit of an emotional blip last Friday which led to a little emotional eating blowout over the weekend... and a little beyond the weekend. As a result I don't want to weigh myself for a few days, so I'm taking a pass this week.

The good news is, as far as emotional food blowouts go it was pretty tame - a super-cheesy pizza eaten over two days, some chocolate, hash browns, a piece of cake, sausages... there are times in the past when I would have eaten that in one day, not spread out over four days. I see that as a good thing because it means my instinct to binge is decreasing. Also, I actually recognise emotional eating for what it is now and that tends to make me stop and take stock of why I'm eating.

So it's all good. But I'm still not weighing myself today. :)
.

5 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

Sounds fair enough to me.

And by the way, congratulations on being able to recognise emotional eating and not eating as much overall. Well done!

The word verification is "nolush" - does that refer to the fact you haven't been binge drinking?

Femina said...

Hehe... how did Blogger know??

Eizelby said...

It does indeed sound like a tame blowout, I'm not even sure if the term 'blowout' fits the situation sufficiently! I'm glad you managed to salvage your healthier eating habits even while going through a bad day or four.

And back onto the Write It Down month is the way forward!

Jerry said...

Sounds like you have a good handle on the emotional eating. I've had a bit of a problem with that myself. Also I am just now shaking the sugar-graving I developed over the Christmas holidays. I'm looking forward to following your progress. Good luck!

Drop by and see me at http://www.looserdiary.blogspot.com

God bless,
Jerry

Hccm said...

Today is a very big day in the Where’s Wenda? Contest. I am visiting all of the SITS followers. Can I do it? There are around 1000 followers. Oh my! Better grab my cup of coffee and get on my way. Be sure to visit Hot Chocolate Caramel Mocha and Three Bay B Chicks as part of your contest entry. -Wenda