What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Weigh-In Wednesday (Manda)

Last week: 71.9
This week: 70.6
Change: a loss of 1.3
Total loss so far: a loss of 5.4

(Note: Impending goal! Remember Manda, 600 grams left until you get a facial/pretty dress!)

So, turns out my watery week did me some good (now that I've stopped feeling nauseated all the time). What I'm going to take away from this is:

- Drinking my kilojoules may have helped me lose weight, but I bloated and felt awful - I would never manage do that to myself, save for another once-in-a-century heatwave.
- However, those that want me to drink those "eight glasses per day" might actually be on to something, so let's keep that part up.

3 comments:

Femina said...

WELL DONE! You are powering along!

I find that having a glass of water on my desk while I'm working makes me drink more. If it's there I'll drink it and refill it but if it's not I tend to forget.

Hippomanic Jen said...

... and if you hate what you do at work there's much time that can be wasted by going to fill up your glass, then the necessary flip-side of drinking too much also wastes some time. What employer is going to get cranky about necessary functions like that?

Hippomanic Jen said...

Oh, and congratulations on only having 600 grams to go - Skinny Cow!