What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Weigh In Wednesday (Femina)

My last official weigh in was two weeks ago and I've already unofficially weighed in this week in my sauna post, but I'll post it officially anyway.
Two weeks ago: 75kg
Today: 74kg
Difference: 1kg loss

I know it was partly the heat which made me eat less and drink loads of water so it will be interesting to see if it stays off now that the weather is much cooler.  I think Write It Down Month will help me to keep it off and to keep losing weight because I'm becoming much more conscious of what's going in, and when and why... although it's now Biggest Loser season and that normally makes me want to eat as I'm watching and mocking.  No, not mocking them for being fat, mocking them for saying things like, "I couldn't believe it when Ajay said we'd have to weigh in" and "I thought the trainers would go easy on us for the first week or so but they made us work really hard."  What - have you NEVER seen the show before???  And of course mocking Shannon the trainer for saying 'pacifically' instead of 'specifically', and using 'literally' in a completely non-literal way ("He literally dropped dead on the spot").  Ah, good times.

6 comments:

Eizelby said...

Hey, that's great news! Well done! Heat usually helps me with my eating but extreme heat has the opposite effect unfortunately.

And I love poking fun at the stupid things people say on TV, even though they also make me cringe.

Femina said...

Me too - on TWoP! The Aus BL forum is so much fun... :) (It's under Competitive Reality Shows)

That's televisionwithoutpity.com, for those who have no idea what I'm talking about. Eizelby and I are both fans of the site.

Givinya De Elba said...

Well done! Do you ever have fun by tallying up the number of times Jamie Oliver says "literally" in an episode? You get bonus points for catching him using it mroe than once in the same sentence. You need a big bit of paper to tally on.

Femina said...

Sounds like a deadly drinking game. My friends and I currently have a 'journey' tally going on The Biggest Loser. They say it a LOT.

Hippomanic Jen said...

Well done on the kilo, hope that the Write it Down Month helps.

Can I just say that I found it incredibly easy to write "Blackforest Pancakes" for morning tea this morning? (and, no, that's not elimination diet food at all).

I try not to have a go at people on TV - basically by avoiding "reality" TV as much as possible. (Can I ask how many people you know can afford to do that much exercise in a day in real life?)

But the tallies sound like fun.

Femina said...

I think anyone on reality tv is fair game. And no, no one can exercise that much in real life, which is why all the former contestants have either put the weight back on or are now pimping things like Celebrity Slim.