What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Weigh-In Wednesday (Femina)

Yes, I'm really weighing in this week.

Last time: 72.4kg
Today: 72.6kg

Difference: 200g gain

Meh - 200g is fine with me.  It's a small glass of water.  It's two weeks since I last weighed in on here and in that time my weight went up about a kilo (possibly related to pizza and Cadbury Creme Eggs...) and has come back down again.  I didn't do any particular dieting; I just got the emotional eating back under control and my weight came back down to what it is today, so this seems to be my 'true' weight at the moment.

I am still trying to get back to the gym.  I do like it; I'm just way out of the habit now and I'm not sure how to motivate myself.  Chocolate rewards seem counter-productive, somehow.

And in other news... I note that no one else has weighed in recently.  That, of course, is completely fine - this is a no-pressure community - but don't be afraid to drop by and let us all know you're going okay even if you don't feel like weighing in.  I'm a lonely Cowgirl over here... :)

2 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

You are a very brave little cow-girl and we are all very proud of you.

Last Saturday ended up being a wipe-out for me. My Grandmother was taken ill very suddenly and I ended up doing things other than those I'd planned.

This Saturday I'm away. Maybe I should weigh in on Friday before I go just so that you don't feel lonely.

I don't know what's happening up here in Queensland. It seems all our regular Skinny Cowgirls ended up preggers except for me. I wouldn't mind catching the disease, but my recent busy-ness and lack of weigh in IS NOT because I'm trying to disguise an increasing baby bump. Just so you know.

Femina said...

Oh... I hope your grandmother is okay.

I'm told one gets pregnant from holding hands with boys and/or from sitting on public toilet seats. Or touching birds that have been stung by bees... actually I may have that wrong. It was a little hard to make out what my mother was mumbling as she flushed bright red and ran from the room during that talk...