What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Friday, February 27, 2009

The New kid (Donners)

Hi all you skinny cows!

I'm the new kid, so I hope I don't end up walking around the playground by myself - probably eating something I shouldn't. For those of you who don't know me I am friends with Manda, Eizelby and know Femina some too...

Manda and I challenged each other ( last year) to not eat (refined) sugar for two weeks and only eat fruit instead, since then I have bounced around being "good" and bad"since then. I am a big fan of food and so is my husband, I tend to exercise very regularly but have a few tiredness issues that sometimes hold me back.

Last night I went to the St Kilda night market and had (extremely delicious Argentinian) barbecued ribs and not only finished mine but started on my husbands leftovers....Sad isn't it! I then moved on to share some churros with him too, which I didn't need.

All in all, I feel good that I tried two types of food I had never had before and I don't need to wonder anymore. I am also being virtuous in buying various nice dried fruit ( cranberries, sultanas, apricots, prunes and dates) instead of lollies, which just get me every time.

I was good with exercise this week, too. But need to exercise more self-control when I'm tired, Wednesday night looked awfully close to a binge...

Thanks for having me!

5 comments:

Femina said...

Welcome, cowgirl - great to have you here! Don't forget to check out the links on the right hand side of the blog for some useful info about All Things Skinny Cow. (Well, about weight, BMI, body image etc...)

Givinya De Elba said...

Welcome Donners! I'm a Cowgirl too but not a very good one because (a) I'm having a crisis of dedication to the cause, and (b) because of this. And those two might be related anyway. But I do keep dropping in and having a chat with the Cowgirls. Hope you have fun here!

Anonymous said...

Hello! :)

Eizelby said...

Hey there! Glad to be on this healthy-eating-attempt with you. :) We can do it! It's just tricky sometimes when there's so much nice food in the world ... but together we can do this!

Hippomanic Jen said...

Sorry I'm late to say "Welcome!" But I will say "Welcome!" anyway.

Welcome!

I hope this little online community helps you to think about goals and stuff, even if only because no-one except Manda ever seems to MEET them (the Skinny Cow)!