What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Back on the treadmill (Emily Sue)

Owwwwww.

Yeah. It's been a little too long, apparently. I did 30 minutes tonight - about half walking and half jogging. Definitely a lot harder than it used to be. I stretched afterwards but I'm feeling it in my legs right now.

I'm also trying to get back in the habit of getting up at 5.30am to exercise. I was doing really well for a while there and then... I wasn't. At the moment I seem to be great at setting my alarm and then getting up when it goes off to reset it for a more human hour. Well, it's a start. ;)

2 comments:

Loony Lace Lady said...

Good on you. Great stuff exercise and I am glad you are able to get back to it. Keep up the good work, even if it happens later in the day. I can't get up at that hour. Are you back at Weight Watchers? I see in the ads they have a new program. Are you on it? I would be interested to know if it works any better than the previous program.

Emily Sue said...

I went back to Weight Watchers on Saturday. Everyone is on the new program - existing members have been on it for weeks now. The program itself isn't very different but the points are because they're now worked out a little more accurately - taking into account fibre, protein, carbs etc instead of just kilojoules and fat. It seems to be working as well for me as the previous system... although not if you take Christmas into account. :)