What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Still trying

Hi all. I am still working at the exercise. As you know today is weigh in day and the figures aren't as good as I expected. Yesterday I had quite a drop so today I have a bounce. The number today is 66.4kg which is 100g up on last week. I am not in despair. It has been a hard week in some ways, I sat in a car for 3 1/2hours on Friday to attend a funeral for an aunt of mine, then another 2 hours back to Bris for the night. Then on Saturday it was 2 1/2hours in a bus to get home. That meant bought meals and no walking. Saturday was also our wedding anniversary and we always go out to dinner. Then on Sunday we had Chinese for lunch, so 3 days in a row. Bad Bad Girl. Anyway after all that my leg started playing up again and it has taken me a couple of days to walk the pain out of it again.
I have also bought a balance board to try to strengthen my leg muscles, and that is an interesting experience. I really think it is just another way to kill myself. It really pulls on my leg so must be doing something.
So onwards and up(down)wards. I hope for better next week.

1 comment:

Hippomanic Jen said...

... Very. (sorry everyone for the family in-joke)

When you consider all the impediments for bovine angelic-ness in your week this week you have done really well.

Don't kill yourself on the balance thingy and just remember that we're all aiming for forever-loss, not as-fast-as-you-can-loss which doesn't recognise that there are some weeks when it is exceedingly difficult to be good. Keep on going and you'll lose again.