What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Surprise LLL

I was only going to say hi today, my weight has been suffering from too many parties. We had a family get together in a nearby town on Monday and there was pavlova and honey bubble crunch present. They are 2 things that I like and can eat, so of course I didn't go without. Since then my weight has been high. Added to that on Monday when I got home it was a bit late to walk and I decidedly didn't feel like walking, so I didn't. That meant that Tuesday I really had to push hard to walk. I had forgotten how hard it is to get going again.
However, today I decided to step on the scales and see what they had to say, surprise I am 200g less than before Christmas. I am VERY happy about that and VERY surprised. I will take it happily.
Tomorrow I am away overnight, so goodness knows what that will do, and Saturday is our wedding anniv. and that is a dinner out, and yes, ES I know that once I pay I can leave food, but that is waste and I can't do that. Also I only dine out privately once a year so I have to make the most of it.
So today a very happy girl, and may the coming days look after themselves.
Now all you other skinny girls, 5 mins of exercise daily will help, it will make you feel better and maybe just help the weight. If all else fails you can run on the spot in your lounge room. Lets get going for the new year, if you try it is possible.

2 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

I feel obliged to put a disclaimer on my mother's 5 min rule. IT IS A TRICK! I've lived with it my entire life - you see, once you've done 5 mins you might keep going and then your room is clean, or your homework is done, or you've mastered the scale of E major or...

It's a trick I tell you.

Hippomanic Jen said...

But well done on the loss, Mumsy.