What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Let's start at the very beginning (HJ)

Well I surprised myself with meeting a goal entirely unexpectedly.





Weight


Last week: 77.1kg


This week: 76.0kg This is my first goal! Yippeee!


Change: 1.1kg LOSS


Total Loss: 5.0kg






Waist


Last week: 95cm


This week: 93cm


Change: 2cm LOSS


Total Loss: 6cm





So I'm pretty darn impressed!





It brings me to reflect on the fact that I'm technically back to the weight I was when I first started all this. It is a tad depressing, but I know I'm not really where I was at the beginning.





Firstly -


In 2008 when I was 76kg I was working up to being able to row for 25 mins. I could do just under 600 strokes in that time and got excited when I got over 30 strokes per minute.





I can now row for 40mins. I'm peaking at about 1500 strokes on a good day, and I get sad if my fast five minutes aren't averaging over 40 strokes per minute.

Therefore I am more fit than I was.





Secondly -

Therefore there are many parts of Jen that are not as far around than they were.

So I'm not really back to the beginning at all!!!

Now to work out what my reward should be... I really haven't thought my rewards through for this process yet. Maybe I should give myself a gift voucher towards my proposed overseas archeological expedition for next year.

3 comments:

Emily Sue said...

I love that you have a spreadsheet.

That's not sarcasm. I really love it. :D

Hippomanic Jen said...

Doesn't everyone keep their records in excel? No?

Givinya De Elba said...

You are doing so well! Inspirational!