What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Still going

Hi all, I am still going slowly. I am anticipating the week that I have no extras on the eating line. I haven't arrived there yet. So I am pleased to see that today my weight is 65.9kg. That as you can see gives me another whole kilo to dispatch, so I can now watch that slowly disappear. I am one for setting small goals and 1 kilo is about a good one. One more brings me to my first goal level so this is a good one to attack.
I have still been walking 20mins ish daily, and I have been on the balance board and am now less likely to kill myself on it. It is doing its job well and my leg is feeling the benefit. I am slowly working up the time on it.
All is well and I will tackle this present kilo and see how long it takes me to dispatch it.

2 comments:

Emily Sue said...

What's that saying about slow and steady? You're doing brilliantly... and not killing yourself on the balance board is a good thing! :)

Re: Weight Watchers... to be honest they're not telling me much I don't know, but accountability is a big motivator for me. Plus, sticking to the points helps me make food choices without overthinking it too much, as well as helping me avoid temptation. If a piece of cheesecake is going to be 25 or so points, and I only get 29 per day, I'm less likely to eat it! Of course I could cheat and not track it that day but what's the point? I'm the only one who sees my food tracking so I'm only cheating myself and sabotaging my goals.

Hippomanic Jen said...

Keep it up, Mumsy!