What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

No progress, LLL

Now the facts. I was doing well, collecting a lovely loss the figures were mounting and I was getting ready to post. Then .. I.. had... a.... birthday!!!! Well, my lovely family decided to celebrate with me. Yesterday wasn't the day but was the celebration. My sister from nearby came and HJ invited a friend of mine. The do was held at my place, as I have a supply of cold air available. I was told that all I could do was boil the kettle.
Family turned up with food, HJ had cooked a lovely chocolate cake for MT and of course I had to have a slice. That wasn't too bad.
Lunch was meat and some lovely salads all good food and yummy. No dessert but 9 cup cakes on a plate with a candle on the middle one. All that was good and I enjoyed all that was provided.
Then at AT time there was a packet of marshmallows. Oh dear. I wouldn't say they were an all time favourite but I do love them.
The first bite is all squishy and soft, then they melt in the mouth and you have this wonderful full flavour and then the swallow. You can make one piece into 3 bites. Then of course there are more in the packet. Taking them from the packet means that you loose count of how many have passed the lips.
There is another way to look at this, a marshmallow is pure sugar, therefore pure carbs. That is what I am trying to avoid. After the event I did try the water trick, and drank a couple of glasses so maybe it could have been worse.
So don't feel sorry, I knew what I was doing, and today with no loss I know the reason.
Maybe next week when this blowout has passed I will again succeed.

4 comments:

Emily Sue said...

I don't want to lead you astray, but have you ever tried putting marshmallows in the freezer? They don't freeze solid (too much sugar for that) but they go kind of chewy. Soooo good!

Err... what was I saying? Oh yes, weight loss. I'm sure you'll do great next week, and at least you didn't put on so you can't have over-indulged too much. :)

Givinya De Elba said...

Happy Birthday! Never mind, you only have one a year. All the best for next week!

Loony Lace Lady said...

Marshmallows in the freezer sounds even better. The thing is HJ brought them and I sent the rest home with her, I will have to see if there are any left. It would be a shame to have to buy a whole packet to try the freezer bit. Thanks for the tip.

Hippomanic Jen said...

Yes. I took home the rest of the packet. You might have noticed that I didn't weigh-in last week...