What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Why-Not-Weighing-In Wednesday? (Givinya)

Because I am pregnant of course.

You'll remember when I started saying I was drinking lots and lots and lots of water? That was when I finally worked out that there was a little Thingamababy there who was going to stuff up all my Operation Skinny Cow efforts, one way or the other.

In my last two pregnancies, I have lost fat and gained baby. I have never looked so damn fine as when I was pregnant, but this time, my nausea hasn't made me vomit or stop eating. In fact this time around I have been craving and eating and yeah worrying about everything else that is going on right now.

So I might not end up looking so fine as I did last two times. I don't really care. There was a time when my main goal was to lose weight. Now my aim in life is to get through the next 6 months in one piece.

So here are the vital stats:

Last weigh-in: can't remember
Today's weight: couldn't care less
This week's goal: get my husband to decide on how and when to move, so I know what to actually DO.

I'm not much fun at Skinny Cow am I? I wonder if I can find you a funny picture to make up for that ...

5 comments:

Femina said...

So long as you still come and cheer us on here at OSC... (and you're doing a chipper job at that, by the way)

And if you weighed in it would probably make the rest of us feel better... just kidding! :)

Hippomanic Jen said...

I think a baby is the best result - just think, in the space of one day you can lose 3 kg or so. I'd be anticipating THAT post. And I hope Mr de Elba works out what is going to happen ASAP, so you can start planning.

Louisa Claire said...

Classic!

Manda said...

Congratulations! What great news! I hope things are organised soon with the move.

Eizelby said...

Hey, that's so great! Very exciting, especially since now you can gain weight with no guilt. Congratulations. :D