What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Dunno if I am ready (Swift Jan)

Hi all,

It's been a REALLY long time. Sorry.

I'm still not sure if I am ready to jump in yet. I think that when I am ready I want to REALLY knuckle down & lose the kilos. I dont feel like I can do that during the school holidays. But, soon school will go back & maybe then I can deal with all this.... horribly ugly flabby bits.
I have never been this big in all my life and its, well its terribly depressing.
Here's a confession. The day before Libby was born the anaethetist weighed me. He had to. I didn't want to. I really didn't want to. But he had to..... the scales said 3 numbers. yep thats right 3 numbers :( Ok so after Libby they are back down to 2 numbers again, but they are high. Its humiliating & I hate myself for getting here.
It seems so incredibly daunting to need to lose close to 40kgs. Thats so much. I think I might cry.

So you might see me around these parts again a bit more regulary in the coming weeks. I'm gonna need lots of encouragement.

5 comments:

Emily Sue said...

Dear Swift Jan, we're here to support you. We'll support you until you're ready to give weight loss a go, and we'll support you when you ARE giving it a go. We're all here for different reasons and to lose different amounts, but no matter where we are the support will be the same.

Don't hate yourself, because we love you. And this is supposed to be a safe place, so even if you want to check in every week and say, "I don't think I'm ready to start yet", that's okay too.

(((hugs)))

Hippomanic Jen said...

What she said.

Givinya De Elba said...

Oh my sweetheart, I love you so much and we would love to have you around these parts soon!

For the record, half my posts are about how the scales lie. Seriously. Today I weighed myself, then I did a wee, then I weighed myself again. The scales said I was 400g heavier than before my wee. Really!


Hey here's something ... I'm about 5 steps away from doing a Program to help me lose the spare tyre. Are you interested in that sort of approach?

(Come to that, am I?)

Femina said you might want to check in every week even if it's to tell us you're not ready. Do that, okay?

Swift Jan said...

Thanks for the lovely words ladies... I will possibly pop in a bit more often xoxo

Manda said...

Dear Swift Jan,

I agree with all of the above.

It sounds like you're finding it really tough, so I just want to add - don't forget in all this that you are wonderful! Please don't wait until you have lost howevermanykilos before you'll let yourself feel good.

More hugs.