What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Friday, January 1, 2010

Thanks, Femina and Manda (HJ)

This morning I rowed.

I only did 15 minutes...

On the easiest setting...

and I didn't really push it at all...

but I rowed.



I'm not game to get on the scales, though...

I think I'll leave it a week...

But I rowed.



The problem with not getting on the scales is that I can't see the damage...

This helps me ignore the weight gain...

Which is really not what I need...

But, hey, I rowed.

Good things happen when I row.

3 comments:

Femina said...

Yay! I'm so proud of you! You, the rowing machine and the West Wing... you'll achieve great things together. :D And 15 minutes is great when you haven't done it for a while. When I got back on the treadmill after several months away from it I could only manage 8 minutes of walking.

You could always weigh in and not publish it. Or just not worry about it for the moment. One thing at a time, right?

Hippomanic Jen said...

Yeah, the weigh in and not publish doesn't really work, because I don't want to know,and it hardly seems worth it to stand on the scales and then NOT LOOK!

Saturday. Maybe. If I'm brave.

Femina said...

Then don't weigh. Make this all about exercise and getting your fitness back and don't even think about the weight. As you start to get fitter you'll probably lose weight anyway but your clothes will tell you that so who needs scales?