What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Two steps forward, one step back (Emily Sue)

Last Tuesday I did Week 5, Day 2 of C25K. Well, I sort of did it, but wasn't totally successful. It's now Saturday and I haven't done any exercise at all since then. The 'exercise 5 times per week' thing has long since fallen by the wayside (as has the healthy eating, most of the time) and now I'm just barely managing the 3 sessions of C25K. This is the week where it gets serious - Week 5 ends with a 20 minute, non-stop run and I know I'm not ready for that yet, even though technically I'm supposed to be since that's Day 3 and I did Day 2 on Tuesday.

So, today I decided I need to start Week 5 again and actually get serious about it this time.  I've just done Day 1 (still sweaty and everything) and it wasn't easy. I certainly managed it better than I would have two weeks ago but I still had to push myself to finish, which just confirms for me that taking a step back and repeating a week was the right decision.

Anyway I just wanted to post this because I've been posting a fair bit of "I'm running and losing weight and I feel fantastic and the world is totally rosy!!" stuff... and while it's partly true, it's not the whole story.

Also, for dinner last night I had toast with honey followed by three Choc Wedge ice creams...
.

4 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

Hey - no worries, I assume that if you pick up and re-do a week you've struggled with, then that's okay! C25K in 10 weeks instead of 9 (or whatever it is.)

It's HOT here today - hot hot hot in the non-sexy sense. Your post confirms that perhaps C25K will be my winter pursuit.

This morning I walked at 5am while the household slept. If only I could exercise at that time every day and not fall into a pit of exhaustion and sleep-deprivation!

Swift Jan said...

I think its marvellous that you are doing this...

For what it's worth, I often eat several ice creams in one sitting :S

Givinya De Elba said...

AND then I walked in the late afternoon too! Pushing the double stroller! If I keep this up, I'll get so skinny my body will snap in a strong wind.

Hippomanic Jen said...

I'm so glad you listened to your body and re-did the week. There's no point in pushing to the point that you damage something and then can't exercise at all for weeks. And hey, the exercise 5 times in a week thing is a tad over-rated, right?

Good on you for listening to your body and keeping on with the C25k goal.