What on earth is Operation Skinny Cow?

Operation Skinny Cow was born after a few of us in Blogland decided it might be nice to lose some weight and/or get a bit fitter. We decided it would be even nicer if we encouraged each other along the way.

You can read about how it started in this post.

If you want to be part of the fun and add your own posts to this blog then send an e-mail to Emily Sue at reachingforgreen@gmail.com and she'll set you up as an author.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Here we go down, down, down (HJ)

Okay, so here's to some success. 300 grams of success. Which isn't bad when you consider lunch yesterday or morning tea the day before and the fact that I have good ice-cream in the house at the moment.

Or the fact that I rowed on Saturday, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday morning this week, so I must be makin' muscle.

My trendy eXcell spreadsheet is having conniptions, though. I only weighed last week and didn't enter the value, so the poor little computer is having to work out everything in negative numbers as I've set up the whole thing to report, well, you know, weight loss. And this week (because I didn't put in last week) is a significant increase on all three charts (compared with last input values; compared with my original first grade weight loss; and compared to where I started.) Ouch.

But it is a start, and as usual, if I've had a little success I can build from there.

6 comments:

Emily Sue said...

Go you - that's loads of rowing and you're definitely making muscles. I ran on Saturday (last week), Tuesday and again today so you win this week for sure. My motivation was on holidays this week (in sunny Qld, apparently).

You're awesome, by the way. You could have taken your discouraging weight from the other week and comforted it with chocolate but you've exercised instead... or maybe as well as, but the point is you've started and we all know that's the hard bit.

Emily Sue said...

In fact you've done so well that I think you deserve new frames for your glasses....

Hippomanic Jen said...

Emily Sue - love the way you're thinkin'. I think anyone within a three block radius just heard my explosion of laughter!

Givinya De Elba said...

You go Jen! Onwards and downwards.

Givinya De Elba said...

In a non-saggy-boobs sense, obviously.

In a number-on-the-scales sense, of course!

Hippomanic Jen said...

Between the two of you I must be happier, even if I get no lighter at all. Bless you.